Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday 1/6/10


This morning I woke up and pulled out a sweat outfit from my closet. That was the most appropriate choice for the day, keeping in mind that my mentor requested that I wear something that I could get messy in and that would be comfortable to move around in. My internship was scheduled for 10 am, but I arrived at 9:35 am unintentionally. The day consisted of simple tasks such as wrapping some pumpkin loafs in plastic wrap, cleaning up, and making platters to present cakes on. Later on, Donna (my mentor), had me crack 128 eggs and mix together a batter for coconut bread. It smelled delicious.:)

So far, I have become aware of things that I need to improve in terms of my professionalism. It was pretty nerve racking being in an independant environment. I felt awkward at times because I was asking so many questions and making so many mistakes. I would like to find the balance between professional and tight by the end of this immersion. Hopefully I'll be more comfortable on Friday. Now that I know my way around I will feel more adapted.

No comments:

Post a Comment