Monday, July 25, 2011

High School Graduation!!

Hello Readers,
 On June 25th I took my last steps as a high school student off of the stage and to my chair. I had never felt so loved by anyone on any other day, because my entire family was there to cheer me on and take photos. I appreciated all of the support and love that I had that day and continue to have in my life from my mom especially. I was so proud to have achieved my diploma after four years of struggling, drama, identity crisis, and overall learning. 
For This Celebration I made two cakes...
1 Guaranteed moist gluten free carrot cake with toffuti cream cheese frosting, and    1  Homemade "peaches 'n cream" vanilla cake filled with vanilla mousse folded with fresh raspberries and peaches-- crumb coated evenly with homemade buttercream.

What I've learned...
This graduation cake is the first one that I've done independently. Although I am proud of what I did on my own, I think that I could improve my work in many ways. I know that in the future (when I get my degree in pastry arts) I will look back and laugh at the job that I did, and see the growth that I 've had since then. From doing this cake, I have learned that I need to give myself extra time to perfect everything. I would also have a concrete set of recipes that I know will turn out reliably, being that I had to make an extra batch of cake and switch from italian buttercream to basic buttercream. I also realize that there is never enough butter and eggs, I will need to buy extra of them on hand so I won't have to make multiple stops at the grocery store. Overall, I now know the time and comittment it takes to make a masterpiece.

3 comments:

  1. Your graduation cake was beautiful. There are many perfections in imperfection. Embrace! Thank you for the yummmmmmmy gluten free lactose free carrot cake. It was a big hit with everyone. Let's make another one again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job well done, Izzy, and congratulations on completing the roughest time of an adolescent's life. Good luck to you as you embark on the awesome journey of adulthood. You should be so proud of your accomplishments, and I wish you good health, happiness, and success.
    Love Always,
    Chrishan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Izzy! Congrats! I look forward to seeing many more of your beautiful creations!

    XO - Jami
    i m a g i n e

    ReplyDelete