Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Monday 1/11

I learned how to make plaques out of fondant for the Porsche cake that's in progess. I helped wrap some metal cake cups for the 100 mini cheesecakes that will be made tomorrow. Lastly, I talked to my mentors about the project that I have planned for next week, which is to bake, decorate, and design a cake under their coaching. I plan on implementing everything that I have learned in the bakery throughout the immersion and learning mostly as I go along. The rough draft design is all drawn out, and it will be revised and ready to use tomorrow.


So tonight I drew out my ideas and got a few books from the library to help along too. Something that I was reminded of today, was that communication is very important to a positive internship experience,and in life overall. Unless I speak up, there will be a lesser chance of things happening the way that I want them to. I wouldn't have had the privilage of interning at Sweet Cheeks if I didn't make the call myself.

1 comment:

  1. LUUUUUUCKKYYYY. This looks like so much fun! It sounds like you have your last week figured out. It's nice to see what you're doing during your internship.

    ReplyDelete