Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wednesday 1/13/10

Project title:
Frog Princess Cake

Project description:
During the last week of my internship immersion, I will be baking my own professionally done cake, with the help of my mentors. They will help me make make the batter, fill the cake, and cover it in fondant. The cake will be two- tiered chocolate cake with hazelnut filling and a vanilla fondant covering.

Project schedule:
For best results, I will need to wait until the last Tuesday of internship to start baking.
Monday 1/18~ choose a recipe & buy ingredients
Tuesday 1/19~ bring the ingredients to the bakery and bake sheet cakes
Wednesday 1/20~ fill the cake with hazelnut bavarian cream, place the fondant, and start decorating
Thursday 1/21~ Finish decorating and refridgerate
Friday 1/22~ POL Day! prepare

Materials & Equipment needed:
Camera (to document), My Laptop(to document & display), recipe ingredients (flour, sugar, v. extract, etc.), edible decor.

Project documentation:
I will take process photos after each step, take notes, and write a reflection on this blog. The cake will be ready to cut and serve on Jan. 29th, POL day.

No comments:

Post a Comment